Filed under: Cellphones/PDA, Info
Author: John C
Now that AT&T has full control of wireless hotspots like Starbucks and Barnes and Nobles, it looks like they’re doling out freebies to their favorite customers: iPhone users. Apparently, if you’ve got one of Apple’s devices, you can hop on the WiFi networks for exactly zero dollars provided you enter your phone number at a login screen. Great for iPhone owners, but a raw deal for everyone else, right? Not so fast, apparently a dumb hack gets you the service on the house too — just switch your browser’s user agent to Mobile Safari, and presto! Free internet. We can’t imagine this is a hole that won’t get plugged real fast, so get it while the gettin’s good.
- July 15, 2008 -- iPhone 3G Unlocked with SIM Card Adapter
- October 28, 2007 -- Apple Makes $432 On Each iPhone Account
- August 23, 2008 -- India’s Airtel thinks their iPhone 3G can’t be hacked
- August 20, 2008 -- Apple can’t release a working firmware for the Iphone?
- July 8, 2008 -- Official: iPhone On Sale at 8AM on Friday in Apple Stores, Too
- July 2, 2008 -- Widescreen LCDs going widescreen by 2010
- June 3, 2008 -- Free AT&T Wi-Fi Rolls Out At Starbucks
- April 30, 2008 -- iPhone Finally Announced in Canada
- April 16, 2008 -- Scandyna iPod Docks Amplify External Speakers
- February 2, 2008 -- SSD Prices Dropping, 32GB iPhone Not Too Far Off
- Tags: Amp, Apple, Barnes And Nobles, Free Internet, Free Wifi, Freebies, Hack, Imagine, Iphone, Login Screen, Mobile Safari, Phone Number, Presto, Raw Deal, Starbucks, Wireless Hotspots, Zero Dollars